Friday 5 April 2013

My Mathilde

Hi All,


Well.. am I glad I attempted this gorgeous blouse pattern by the ever so talented Tilly..
So many cute details.. Vertical tucks (debatable on mine), Gorgeous puffed sleeves, and a cute little button feature (note: I suck at button related things)

  
Not only was the pattern relatively easy to put together, but Tilly's step-by-step tutorials really helped me a lot...brilliant Lady :) Ok so onto construction of the blouse..
(ps.it's totally hard to see the details when the top is on me.. but better in the below pics.. weirdness)
 
If when I make again I would use a lighter fabric.. I'm not 100% sure what this fabric is, as it was thrifted.. but it feels like a poly thicker linen blend.. Possibly definitely a little too thick for the French seams and the hem :/ oops..
But I plan mainly on wearing it with high waisted skirts anyway, so not that bothered about the hem ;)
I love Solvi's version, so may even make a black one next ;)

Here are some detailed pics.. note the previously mismatched hem which somehow turned out to be matching?... it's a mystery..

 



  


Ahhh the buttons...I used fabric covered buttons, which I love the look of :) But I think that is where the positives end on the button front...
I don't have a buttonhole foot, So I just kinda winged it with zigzag stitches.. eeepp. Doesn't look sooo bad (lies) but I don't want to buy a buttonhole foot yet (in hopes of a new sewing machine for my August Bday.. Hint Hint: ANYBODY)
The buttons aren't really that straight because I am terrible at handsewing... annnndd the top buttonhole was too small for the button to pass through (oops), so it is actually sewn down through the hole, so you can't actually unbutton it haha.. hmmm

Overall I love the design and the fit of the blouse, but I need to pick better material and work on my buttonhole/tuck/generally all skills before sewing again :)
What do you guys think??

Again thanks to Tilly's tutorials, I made a little bow belt to go with another version of a B748 dress which I wore to a 50's themed wedding:) Here I am wearing them right before the wedding with the hubby


Also my sewing room is FINALLY finished, So hoping to take pictures tonight and will put a post up real soon:) Looks super cute, and is exactly how I wanted it to turn out.. Weeeeeeeee

3 comments:

  1. Both so beautiful! My button holes are always a mess, but with each garment they get a little better right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reana, ill let you know;) first buttons hehe x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR SHOWING LOVE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Blogging tips