Friday 30 November 2012

Engagement Dress

So when I made my Birthday Dress, which was the Retro Butterick pattern B5748 one my good friends Alicia saw it and asked if I could make her a Engagement dress of similar design.
Of course I said yes, but was stricken with worry about the outcome, as I am definitely not a professional sewer haha...
But I gave it a crack..

She also happens to have a teeny waist and giant boobs so I knew it would be a little more tricky than mine to fit.. but the style would suit her to a tee..It wasn't so bad in the end, as I only had to slightly adjust the shoulders for the bodice to fit her correctly.

Alicia had a similar fabric choice to mine, as she liked the polka dots look:) She also wanted a more defined sweetheart cut for the neckline.
Here is a look at the dress not long before completion (just the hem/final fitting to go)
I also made her a clutch with some scraps whilst waiting to meet her in between fittings.
It was super cute and fairly easy to make, using this great tutorial from Elm Street Life.
 
 
...here are the final product pictures:) Alicia wore the dress with pearls, a satin sash belt with flower adornment and a cute little fascinator she had made by Ruby Mae Millinery

Don't they look cute together? Haha what a poser:)


 
Was a great night!!! :)

8 comments:

  1. Awesome. If I thought I could pull off a dress like that, I'd ask you to make me one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you could totally pull it off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it x So talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHHA Get out of town, I totally know your friend! She is a friend of my friend Anika! What a small world. PS I'm not stalking you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world indeed ;) Totally cool if you are, blog's are like the exception to the stalking rule haha :)

      Delete
  5. I linked over from Burdastyle to see more of this dress. I didn't realize you had made this for a friend. It fits her beautifully! You really did a spectacular job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much:) I was really happy with th outcome too:)

      Delete

THANKS FOR SHOWING LOVE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Blogging tips