Sunday, 13 October 2013

Vintage meets Modern

Hi All,

I am pleased to say I finally conquered this dress and am really happy with the results :)
If you follow me on Instagram, you would know the time it has taken and my struggles..
This is New look 6123, which I haven't really seen much of in blogland..
Of course I decided on version B which had everything goin on.. the sleeves, the ruffles, the flounce.. only jusssttt squeezed this one out of my fabric, was playing around with it for a while, but I'm glad I did, because I think this fabric suits it beautifully :)
It is a 1960-1970's poly sateen that I picked up for $12 at a vintage shop a while ago but was waiting for a pattern that had some drapyness to it.

Not really sure why it took me so long to fiddle around with the dress, but the main issue was the pleats/gathers on the side of the dress, they just weren't sitting right and took a while to get them to sit so it didn't look like a had a giant muffin top (I don't need to add to that)
Note this dress is wayyy boobylicious, so if your not into that thing (I am clearly) then you'll probably need to adjust the top/sew the middle together, but easy enough.
Also it turned out a bit shorter than I wanted, but that couldn't be helped due to my fat arse my lack of fabric. Okay onto the bombardness of pics..

I recommend this pattern, and I think I will make it again eventually, just making it slightly longer:)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips