Sunday 21 April 2013

My first Gertie


This face pretty much sums up how I feel about this top....
It's the new Butterick pattern by Gertie, B5895..
I'm just not really sure if it's me, or if it's something I would (should) make again.. Hmm.
Don't get me wrong, I love the style and the overall look of the top, just maybe not on me?
For one thing it is extremely short, I mean look at that guts.. ahh sorry guys (ps..that scar is from naked ironing, idiot)






I knew it would be on the shortish side, just didn't realise it would show my entire stomach.
Sorry I didn't get many pics of it actually on me, I was in a rush...and then to drunk...
On the plus side it made me realise I need more high waisted items, which I why this Gorgeous Skirt is next on my to make list :)
I think relating to the construction of the top I effed it up somehow, because the collar at the back didn't end up matching as it should have, which also made the facing sit weirdly, so I had to kind of wing it and try to fix it the best I could.. hmmm..

Again the buttonholes are a bit dodgy, due to the fact I haven't done many, and I blame my machine..
Speaking of machines, the hubby and I went sussing on Saturday and got a 40 minute tutorial on this little beauty that I have since been dreaming about every hour... *sigh*


Let me know what you think, about the top and/or the machine if you've heard any reviews ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR SHOWING LOVE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Blogging tips