Monday 11 February 2013

Pregnant Dress

 
No I am not pregnant, but wearing this dress might make people think that I am.. But it's ok, because it's still cute and it's my fault anyway..
 
This is a Simplicity pattern 1800 AA.. which is a Amazing fit pattern.
I used the average fit in a size 14.. and suprisingly had to take it in alot.. the amazing fit was a good learning tool, but a bit annoying with all the basting and the constant unpicking...
I really loved Nikki's version over at Fancy That, looks gorgeous.. but mine hrrmm not so much gorgeous..

You see this dress has pleats at the front, and therefore calls for flowy materials.. and I used a pinwale :| oops..
                                                                           
So the pleats are very hard and do not flow as they are supposed to.. but IT'S LITTLE BABY DUCKS PEOPLE!!
Plus it has crazy cute pockets..



I probably should saved it for pants or a jacket... but I didn't think my boss would appreciate me rocking up in Duck pants..

8 comments:

  1. Your pleats are super neat and the ducks ADORBS! It always sucks when rad fabric does not drape like you want... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was all like Waaahh when I realised.. but mehh.. would be really cute if I was like 4? hahah

      Delete
  2. Aww how cute!! Can you just get a thick waist belt? That might tuck all this pleats back in? I do that all the time when things puff out too much! Then at least you can still get lots of wears from it. Super cute though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah possibly.. not sure what colour though.. something crazy coloured haha :)

      Delete
    2. Pretty sure you could do any colour lol! Red or blue would look cool! If in doubt check our Asos they have crazy coloured belts.

      Delete
    3. Ahh ASOS, I am banned from that site haha.. but might sneak it in ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi, thanks for the shout out to my dress! And I think you're wrong, I think yours looks GREAT! Sometimes we think things look maternity when they really don't ;) Looks like a keeper to me. And for the record, this pattern didn't make it easy, I had trouble with the fitting, which is dumb since the pattern was made to make fitting easy, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Nikki. Thanks:)
      Haha ill take your wire for it.. yeah I think the whole doing it inside out thing was a bit of a confusing time waster haha.. amazing fit my butt lol

      Delete

THANKS FOR SHOWING LOVE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS
Blogging tips